Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scruff12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok guys/gals... I am in need of help with the gray running man.   In the last week or two I noticed that the cam in the back yard was not picking up motion.  I went through all the steps of reseting the base station, making sure that the system was armed (to my schedule) etc... could not figure out what was wrong.   So I change the mode setting to Armed - All on and the problem went away.

Now the front yard Cam is doing the same thing except I cant get it to dectect motion in any mode.   I have replaced batteries, reset router, reset base station, etc... Nada.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view?  If the running man is gray, your schedule or the mode set in the schedule needs work.  Make sure your modes have the appropriate cameras enabled and the schedule uses those modes.  Also, if the modes are from last year, it may be best to create a new mode with the exact same settings since there have been various reports of old modes not working properly after the beginning of the year update.

Scruff12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.   Yes I just created a new mode and the problem seems to have gone away for now.

Another question for those that may know... Is it necessary to keep the base that came with the arlo camera system?   Couldnt I just use the wps button and connect all the cams to the netgear nighthawk that I am using?

Thanks again for all the help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the router is an R7000 with the appropriate firmware (I use the beta 1.0.6.40_1.1.90 firmware since the support site pulled the problematic 1.0.6.30 firmware), yes, you can ditch the base and use the router.  The R7000 is the only one that currently supports Arlo and requires the appropriate firmware to enable it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that a new beta version is out but does NOT support Arlo.  If you need to use beta firmware, use the older 1.06.40 version.