Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Battery Life Stinks - and so does customer support!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HDKNJ
Follower
Follower

I installed my Arlo wireless (not Pro) system about 6 weeks ago, with three cameras.  Two of the cameras are working fine.  The third has had problems from the start.  It wouldn't stay connected to the system, and it burned through batteries like crazy.  I have done all the troubleshooting steps.  Power cycled the system and the camera.  Swapped the camera with another one in a different location, to isolate whether it was a location issue or camera issue.  The problem persisted witth the camera, so it wasn't a location issue.  The tech expert assured me that after completing all these steps, if it continued to burn through batteries, they would replace the camera.  Two weeks have passed, and the camera batteries are dead again.  I contacted support, and guess what?  In the time since my last call, the firmware on my two good cameras has been updated.  The dead camera could not be updated.  Now they want me to burn through yet another set of batteries to update the firmward on the bad camera, to see if that is the problem.  Anyone see any issues with this logic?  The camera obvoiusly burned through batteries regardless of the firmware version, since they all started out on the same version.  I am so incredibly frustrated right now that I can barely type! 

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @HDKNJ,

Sorry to hear the experience you are going through. Feel free to PM me your case info so I can escalate your case and have someone assist you further.