Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire-Free cameras LED light rapidly blinks/flashes amber and won’t sync

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
BN176
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I have just recently purchased the system and finally got round to set up.

I have a base station with camera and recently decided to add an aditional camera.

Setting up the base station and camera provided synced fine the additional camera however will not sync and keeps flashing amber after multiple attempts, I have followed all the instructions and timing of syncing steps /reset/restarted the system but to no avail the additional camera just does not want to connect to the base station.

Any further help or should I just exchange the camera..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We have been receiving a small number of reports that Arlo Wire-Free cameras are not syncing to the base station as expected. We have found that for several reasons, during the process of syncing a wire-free camera to the base station, the LED status light on some of the cameras blinks blue slowly for 4 to 5 seconds, followed by rapid blinking of the amber LED light, and the camera fails to sync. If all normal troubleshooting steps have been exhausted as outlined in the My camera will not sync with the base station article and the problem persists, please visit Arlo Support to contact us via email, chat or phone for further assistance. 

Thank you for your posts on this topic! 

Kind Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Describe your process.  The most common mistake is to hold the sync button on the base - just briefly press it.  Worst case, perform a factory reset by using a paper clip to hold the reset button next to the power switch until the front LEDs flash amber and start over.

BN176
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for the response.
The process I used is the same as the instruction /guidance/ manual for setting up, after no solution I have now returned the camera for exchange, hopefully the replacement will work.
Skinarabbit
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same exact issue. How do I get my camera replaced?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skinarabbit,

What is the behavior of the LED on the camera when attempting to sync?

What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

You might consider trying a fresh set of batteries and attempt syncing the camera again.

JamesC

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We have been receiving a small number of reports that Arlo Wire-Free cameras are not syncing to the base station as expected. We have found that for several reasons, during the process of syncing a wire-free camera to the base station, the LED status light on some of the cameras blinks blue slowly for 4 to 5 seconds, followed by rapid blinking of the amber LED light, and the camera fails to sync. If all normal troubleshooting steps have been exhausted as outlined in the My camera will not sync with the base station article and the problem persists, please visit Arlo Support to contact us via email, chat or phone for further assistance. 

Thank you for your posts on this topic! 

Kind Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Myboytee
Aspirant
Aspirant

cannot get the cameras to sync with the base,is there a phone number i can call for help are is this a you're out of luck case

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go here;

http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Myboytee,

What is indicating the cameras are failing to sync?

What is the LED behavior of the base station and cameras when you press and release the sync button?

JamesC

Mccaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem trying to sync the second camera. I was trying to sync the first camera and it kept turning from a pulse blue flash to fast Amber and stop. I picked up the second camera instead, thinking I had a bad camera. I feared returning for exchange but finally got the second camera synced. 

So now after the first cam synced I go back  to the other camera. Now looking on line support. So I unpowered the Netgear router and the camera as a general rule. Now rebooted, The instruction told me to hold the sync button on the Netgear router down until the status light button started flashing. This took way more than two seconds, more like 10 seconds. Once in that "mode"  I had two of the three status green lights blinking, and I assume waiting for a sync to happen. 

On the camera I press the sync button down and it changed from pulse blue blinking to fast blue, then it was synced. It however did not sync the first time. I reset power to the camera after the first fail and again held the Netgear router button down for about 10 seconds until I had two of three lights blinking. Tried the camera sync button and this time it changed to fas pulsing blue and the sync was successful.

So, the trick that worked for me was to hold the Netgear router sync button down for several seconds until a status light starts blinking. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. The general procedure these days with the latest firmware has been to only briefly press the base sync button (<1 second). Maybe you had old base firmware that needed the longer press?