Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Videos Not Playing When Viewing In The Opera Browser

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
cw77
Tutor
Tutor

Videos will not play when using the Opera browser.  Have tried live and recorded videos, and they just say loading.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check and verify that flash is on and allowed... if you updated the browser recently, many toggle it off as default now

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cw77
Tutor
Tutor

Getting closer.  I did have Flash installed, but went in to settings and set it to allow sites to run.  I still see a notification that the plug-in was blocked (?) but it will let me watch the live camera feeds.  Even added *.netgear.com to the exception list, even though it shouldn't matter since I just set it to allow sites.

Unfortunately, I'm still unable to watch recorded events from the Library.  Just sits at loading.

Works fine in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, so it has to be an Opera thing - just need to figure out what it is.

JimFrost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  Live video works great but I can not view any of the recordings.  The flash player warning comes up but when I click on it it and tell it to run the blocked plug in, it doesn't do anything.  The flash is enabled in the browser as well.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi JimFrost,

Are you using the Opera browser as well?

Kees007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a simular problem. I can play the video's from my library with Opera, but live stream isn't working. On Edge or IE i can use live stream, but can't play the video's from the library.

Kees007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Little update, tried Vivaldi Browser and it works.

No problem with live stream or videos from the library.

Wondering why the other problems having problems.