Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMB3000 Base Station won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jkreuzig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had a power outage in the neighborhood a couple of days ago.  The Arlo base station (VMB3000) won't connect.  It only shows a single amber led (the power led) and it never gets past that.  My router shows that it's connected (it has an IP address), but I can't connect to the basestation via the app or the website.

I've tried:

1) Power cycle via on/off button - Nothing.  Still the same. Single amber led (power).

2) Power cycle via plug/unplug - Nothing.  Still the same. Single amber led (power).

3) Dissconnect ethernet cable, then power cycle - Nothing.  Still the same. Single amber led (power).

4) Holding down the reset button for 10+ seconds while power is on - Nothing.  Still the same. Single amber led (power).

5) Holding down the reset button AND the sync button for 10+ seconds while power is on - Nothing.  Still the same. Single amber led (power).

Basically, I've got a device that shows it's connected to my router, but it's a brick otherwise.  Any ideas?

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber power LED is a clue - it's not right. You'll have to open a case to get a replacement. Also, consider a UPS/battery backup for all your network equipment including the base to prevent this sort of thing from happening as well as to maintain the cameras to be able to record during any power loss.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jkreuzig,

jguerdat is correct in stating that an amber power LED on the base station could indicate a hardware issue. If you are still having trouble after attempting a factory reset (as you indicate above in step 4), please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

jkreuzig
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Thanks for the response.  I've submitted an email request to support.  It's basically the message above, copied and pasted.

If I don't hear anything in a couple of days, I'll PM you.

Thanks again.

Jim