Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Turns On Automatically

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloUser98
Follower
Follower

Hi,

i bought an arlo system last year (3 cameras + router) and have a question. Over 2 month ago the camera started to turning on automatically. When i heard the click when the camera goes on and saw the red light (when it is dark) i turned it off. Then i contacted the support. First i got no ticket number. After two weeks i tried it an got one. But now everytime I ask what is with my ticket they say somebody will contact me... this takes now 2 month. Now they dont answer anymore to my ticketnumber 😞 I dont use the cameras since that and got no info what happend. When i start the cameras they go on automatically. A fried said that it could be the cameras where hacked. That would be ok, but i need the infos what happend. Then i could throw the cams into trash. But now i dont know what is with the cameras. Does anybody had similar Problems? Thx.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not hacked, but there was an older bug that did this....

so, check and make sure you FW is up to date, and it wouldn't hurt to change you pw too.

Power button reboot the base and if it continues, I would use remove device , remove all cameras and then base.... then bring them all back as new ( base first )

This will rebuild all the modes and settings ...things should be good then

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------