Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Support, Double Question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sekinpetr
Follower
Follower

My question is two tiered. I recently started experiencing an issue with an Arlo Essential camera I was given for Christmas. I have a couple of older Arlo cameras for my front yard and driveway which are working fine, and when I set this neq camera up for my backyard, it also worked fine, until a few days ago, it suddenly stopped recording to my Arlo Secure app feed. It still records and notifies me when there's motion, but I can't see it in my feed, which is frustrating. The other two still record per usual. So in my attempt to figure this out, I tried to look up a phone number to call Arlo, and a tech person did call me back, but wanted me to download a help desk app for my phone so that they can remote in. I wasn't comfortable with that, and stopped the call. My question is, is this normal? Would they be asking to remote into your phone? My first instinct is to not trust that. Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to what my issue could be?

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Scammers are just getting smarter every day unfortunately.

Arlo does not publish contact phone numbers outside of the arlo mobile app. Settings/support/subscribed camera.

Your issue is likely that the trial subscription for the new camera has expired. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are aware of third-party companies who claim that they are calling from Arlo, however they are not associated in any way with Arlo. You may share their info with us and we can forward to our Legal Team to further investigate.