Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Solar Panel compatible with the Arlo HD Cameras in the VMS3330 Systems?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dvinston
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the Arlo Solar Panel compatible with the Arlo HD Cameras in the VMS3330 Systems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Billsled
Aspirant
Aspirant

I printed a battery door that allows me to use the micro USB port in the battery compartment to power my cameras.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dvinston wrote:

Is the Arlo Solar Panel compatible with the Arlo HD Cameras in the VMS3330 Systems?

I believe the solar panels are only compatible with Pro, Pro 2 and Go systems.  I assume they may also work with Ultra when it ships, but I’m not certain.

The original Arlo cameras were not designed to be rechargeable or powered externally.  We can now purchase rechargeable CR123 batteries for these cameras, but they don’t have the other power features of the more recently designed models.

Billsled
Aspirant
Aspirant

I printed a battery door that allows me to use the micro USB port in the battery compartment to power my cameras.

dvinston
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. This was one of the options I explored. Instead decided to take back the Arlo HD System and upgrade to Arlo Pro 3 camera set and purchased the solar panels. Excellent article and appreciate the support.

dvinston
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. This was what I thought but wanted to check to make sure. I decided to take back the Arlo HD System and upgrade to Arlo Pro 3 camera set and purchased the solar panels. Thanks for the help.