Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart "Zones"

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Folks...I am completely aware that we now have additional features for our wireless cameras. Arlo Smart is interesting in that we can limit notifications based on types of recognition and movement, 911e, smart zones...etc...

I was hoping someone could explain to me how the "Smart Zone" is beneficial when I have the following settings for (1) camera. Cuz I'm not seeing it...

I have "Human Motion" enabled on our front camera
I have General Movement disabled (Don't care about cars, leaves, wind chimes, and bugs)

I created a "Zone" box which focuses explicitly on the front door area where I care more if a human enters that specific area (Mail Carrier, Neighbor, Pizza Guy)...

The idea is also to filter out people walking across the street or not anywhere near my door..I also wanted to crank up the sensitivity so the camera is sure to grab what enteres the "batter's box" so to speak.

However, with all the above, what is the point of the zone box if it still is recording every bit of movement, human or otherwise, outside the box? I go to my cloud account, and I have tons of videos of nothing and videos that ideally should not be captured. Did I miss a step, do something wrong? Is this feature just so "green" that it's not functioning as expected or what was pushed? Any help would be greatly appreicated!! Thanks!! 🙂 

Zone Picture **Attached (.png)

4 REPLIES 4
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I do not see these as an option on my App.  Is this not out for Android yet?  

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's on the application and in the browser. You have to have a premium account I believe, but I'm not 100% certain..

That said....in the App there is a section in your "Settings" called Arlo Smart

Three Menu Options:

1) Manage and Notifications

2) e911

3) Call a Friend

If you go into any of the camera's settings directly, under the Video & Audio, there is a "Video Settings" option...and you can then create the "Activity Zone" box...you can create more than one if there are specific areas in the field of view that you want to target...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SwiftyRox,

I ran this topic by the QA team and they weren't able to reproduce the issue as described. Try rebooting your base station and see if you still experience the behavior.

JamesC

SwiftyRox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for that James

Ironically....the camera in question lost wireless connection to the Arlo Base Station and I had to pair it back up again...Once I did that, I was forced to add it back to my "schedule mode" and create a rule for it under the profiles I have set up for different times of the day.

Since then, it is now only triggering and capturing video when a "human" enters the zone box I created for the camera activity. So, happy to report...it seems to have self-corrected in its own weird way....