Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shotgun47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased system yesterday - I am having issues looking at cameras LIVE.  I constantly get message of camera failed to connect, please try again.

This worked yesterday from my home computer using google chrome.

Today at my office, it will not work.  I have tried explorer, google chrome, firefox with no luck going live.  I have even reset the base station from the office.

I am very close to taking the system back.

3 REPLIES 3
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Many times companies will block certain content or ports for their employees due to security issues. There have been several reports from others where this was the case. It is likely that this is happening for you too since you said it worked from your home computer.

If you have an Android or iOS smart device and you have reception at your work, download the Arlo app and use that from work.

Shotgun47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.  I have tried from my android and i get the same thing.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Hm, and you're using your phone provider's service and not your employer's WiFi?

One other option is that your router is blocking something from going out.

Are you able to view recorded footage from work without problems? If so, that would affirm that theory, since viewing downloaded footage comes from the Arlo servers, whereas Live View originates from your home at the time of viewing.