Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Bug - still alerting me to category options I have turned off

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LittleEndian
Aspirant
Aspirant

First and foremost... I understand that Arlo Smart uses machine learning to categorize what it sees and sometimes is not sure about what it sees. I get alerts for motion in these cases and it asks me what it was, and I will tell it.

My cats have been setting off the alerts all day even though I only have Arlo Smart enabled to notify me if it detects People. Despite the settings, I am still receiving notifications even when the motion it detected was firmly categorized as an animal (there is a paw icon in the corner of the image but no option to give any feedback etc.) and this appears to be a bug with the software. If the camera identified it as an animal then why did it still notify me? It clearly wasn't unsure since it isn't offering me a way to confirm what it saw.

So to confirm, in ALL these instances I got an email alert... even though I only ask it to alert me if it thinks it sees a person (or if it doesn't have enough info. to pick anything).

- Sees a POSSIBLE animal = alert.

- Sees something but cant decide = alert.

- Sees what it definitely thinks is an animal = alert.

So what is the point of even being able to pick a category if it alerts me anyway? Something seems broken here.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 3.04.30 PM.png 

1 REPLY 1
Legowrangler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try turning off email notifications for the camera with Arlo Smart. Only use push notifications to your mobile device. You also must stay logged in to the app on your mobile device to receive the push notifications. According to tech support, Arlo Smart only works with push notifications; you will get all alerts no matter what's selected with email. Apparently, email and push notifications are handled completely different with the software. This worked for me. Good luck.