Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
timbaxley84
Follower
Follower

Arlo Secure app will not accept my iphone14 as a trusted device. I keep getting a message saying "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again."

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

timbaxley84,

Are you still experiencing this error today?

JamesC

Grandpasteve
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue when sending a friend request to my wife who has an IPhone 12. The system tells her it’s not a trusted device and gives her the option of accepting (trusting) the device via a push notification to accept or deny. After acknowledging it’s a trusted device, the push times out and takes her to an Arlo page to purchase video storage. It’s shows in my app that she has accepted the invite but she has no camera views or anything. I’ve read where others have had similar issues with no solution other than it just worked all of a sudden. I’ve deleted her as a friend and resent the friend request at least 20 times with the same result. Tried both her IPhone and through a laptop with the same results. I’ve also sent friend request to my brother and no luck. Just sets still after he created an account after accepting. Chat with Arlo tech produced the same results. Arlo gave me a case number but I haven’t heard anything. They can see my wife’s account but it doesn’t work. I’m getting close to sending my Pro 4 system, extra camera and doorbell back. No one is available to help.

BarbR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Iphone14 and arlo app will not trust my Iphone14.  Keep getting a push number and when i say trust it just keeps circling and never does anything else.  I see on google this has been a problem since December 2023.  Took my phone and laptop to Best Buy and they couldn’t get it to work either. The best advice was to use my laptop.  Very inconvenient!!   Works fine on my iphone8!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BarbR,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Gibbz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I posted this same issue. I have uninstalled it countless times. This does not fix it!!!! Is there not real support people we can talk to or even email? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BarbR,

When logging in, select "Do not Trust" when authenticating your device. This should allow you to finish the log in process.

Afterward, navigate to Settings > Profile > Login settings > Two-Sep Verification.   From here, you may have too many devices in your trusted device list. Try removing some and then test to see if you can trust your new device on login.

JamesC