Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure App 4.0

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's June 7th, 2023 and I am on iOS app version 4.5.  The app still has not prompted me to upgrade to the new Secure 4.0 UI.   

Anyone have any idea why?  Is there a manual way to do this?     Does anyone know if the old Security Light and Bridge are compatible yet with the new UI.  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dipper wrote:

It's June 7th, 2023 and I am on iOS app version 4.5.  The app still has not prompted me to upgrade to the new Secure 4.0 UI.   

Is there a reason you want to migrate?

It's still pretty buggy, and missing some features - in particular there are no custom modes.  Personally I'd stay on Library unless you have a reason you need to switch.

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, for one, it seems that is what is being pushed down our throats.     Two, the older platform, I now have issues as of the latest iOS app 4.5.     My original custom mode is no longer working properly, all indoor cameras are armed including the indoor essential with the shutter.    Shutter is always open.   Have turn off the camera for it to close.

I ended up forcing the UI update this morning with crossed fingers.    I can say that as of right now everything is working as it should the way it did on the older platform.   

While, I agree it is more confusing with the modes and automations, contrary to what others have said, I think it is more powerful than the original UI.    All my old devices seem to be working including the original security light and an older camera from 2016.    

Of course now that I have said all this it will probably go to crap in a handbag

Dipper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, It turns out I spoke too soon.  Geofencing is not working properly and sometime the app sees my Base station as offline when it isn't (LED still blue on base station).

I do have a question about Arrive/Leave under automations.    My guess is that there should be an automation for leaving and arriving. So two separate automations.         So, when you go to either automation, at the top of the screen where it says Edit Geofence, there is a setting for selecting Arm Away, Arm Home, Standby.    Should only only Arm Away be selected for for the Leave automation and Arm Home be selected for the Arrive Automation or should both Arm Away and Arm home be selected for both Leave Automation and Arrive Automation?