Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo: Same camera keeps going offline + severe battery usage

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pegaxs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Inb4: Use the search button... I have already done that and followed every recommendation that I have been able to find and follow.

All cameras have latest firmware. Basestation is at latest firmware. Only difference is, working cameras are  "H7" hardware and the failing camera is "H11" hardware. Other than that, everything else is the same and up to date. Failing camera is about 3 weeks old. Issues with it since day one.

All cameras are set to "max resolution" and about 80% motion detection.

Push notifications only on all.

Issue 1: Camera will only stay online for maybe an hour or 2 at most (Most times 5 mins is max). Other cameras on the system work flawlessly. Requires battery door open to reset camera. Base station re-start will not resolve issue. Camera is 6 feet away from base station with ample line of site. Failing camera is also very very slow to come up in the app with "status" message staying well after all other camers have launched.

Issue 2: Battery drain issues. This same camera will eat a set of batteries in 4 to 7 days. I bought bulk pack of the same batteries. In two weeks, this camera is onto its 3rd set of batteries even though it spends most of its times "offline". Swapped batteries from working camera, same issue exists, will drain approx 15 ~ 20% battery life per day. Battieres work normally in other cameras.

Things I have tried already:

Reboot everything. Base station, camera, router. (Multiple times.)

Moved camera to different location. Swapped locations with working cameras

Changed batteries with other cameras/fresh batteries

Removed and resync'd failing camera

Removed and re-sync'd ALL cameras

Removed complete system from account and factory reset, start from fresh.

Moved camera from "sync postion 3" to 1 and then 2.

Factory reset and added the failing camera in 1st sync, reset and tried 2nd sync positions.

When failing camera is offline, press sync button. No response/light.

Company i bought it from are refusing to exchange it because "We've never heard of this issue before"

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It does sound like a bad camera based on the info provided, especially since you swapped positions (I was thinking wireless interference at first). The company that provided the system is flat wrong but if you can't get them to move your choice is to use the Contact Support link below here to open a case for a warranty replacement.

pegaxs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Called and spoke to Customer Support. I had to run through all of these tests again with the girl on the phone. After an hour on the phone, it was determined that the camera is indeed the issue and that it would need to be exchanged.

Was given an RMA to have the unit replaced.

Will see how it goes when the replacement arrives.