Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Range Extender NEEDED!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
akcrunk
Initiate
Initiate
Will the Arlo wireless system ever have a range extender?? We just purchased a 5 camera Arlo system, and is not spanning the length of property. The base is in a central location. The set up for a NetGear range extender is too complex. The ease of camera set up was awesome BUT needs an extender!!
4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What I did was use 2 bases. One at the one end and the other at the other end of the house with nearest cameras connected to the nearest base.

brh
Master
Master

@akcrunk

Same as @Streak2 for me.

akcrunk
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks @brh and @Streak2. We are not wired through our house so only one router location. Can I connect one base to another wirelessly? Want to make sure that will work before purchasing. Thanks for the advice!
brh
Master
Master

@akcrunk

The base stations must plug in to the router, satellite or wifi extender with a wired ethernet cable. I have used wifi extenders, but eventually settled on the Netgear Orbi router with two satellites - one each at either end of my house with a base station plugged into each one. I am serious about my home security, so while a little expensive, I wanted the best performance I could get from the cameras. All of mine now have three bars of signal strength.

Brian