Arlo Pro 2 Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AnglWngs19
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 5 Arlo 2 Pro cameras up, one of which keeps draining the battery very quickly. We've changed out batteries and cameras to determine if it's the battery or the camera. It is the camera.  Is anyone else having or had this issue, and if so, was there a remedy to fix this issue?

Thank you for any advice that can be offered.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnglWngs19 wrote:

We have 5 Arlo 2 Pro cameras up, one of which keeps draining the battery very quickly. We've changed out batteries and cameras to determine if it's the battery or the camera. It is the camera. 

I'd like to confirm that you swapped the camera with one in another location, and then saw that the same camera had the fast battery drain. (wasn't sure if that was what changing out the camera meant).

AnglWngs19
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, we have tried the offending culprit (camera) in several different locations both closer & further away.  And used other batteries to see if the battery would drain, using the offender.  The batteries work fine and do not quickly drain while using one of the other cameras, no matter the location.

Thank you for reading my message.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnglWngs19 wrote:

Yes, we have tried the offending culprit (camera) in several different locations both closer & further away.  And used other batteries to see if the battery would drain, using the offender.  The batteries work fine and do not quickly drain while using one of the other cameras, no matter the location.

So definitely the camera.  Are you getting a lot more recordings from this camera?  If you are using activity zones, you'd need to remove them to check this.

AnglWngs19
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, not really.  As I've indicated, we have moved the camera to different locations with a full battery and the battery drains quickly when using this particular camera.  We've changed the battery in the camera, and the replacement drains quickly as well, in various locations.  Those same batteries in our other cameras, including ones placed in busy areas, last MUCH longer even with multiple recordings. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AnglWngs19 wrote:

As I've indicated, we have moved the camera to different locations with a full battery and the battery drains quickly when using this particular camera.  We've changed the battery in the camera, and the replacement drains quickly as well, in various locations.  

If it is this specific camera, and not related to the amount of streaming activity, then there isn't much you can do about it. 

I guess you could try removing it from the account and re-adding it, though it would be a long shot (unlikely to help).

AnglWngs19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate your interest and suggesting regarding this issue.  Thank you.