Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Original Wire Free camera Goes Offline

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

@kilo1, Are you Okay now, is everything back to normal? Working condition?

Rwkonner
Tutor
Tutor
No.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

@Rwkonner,

If you not always at home, Arlo security product is not suit for you.

No matter how they fix the product or not, it is not going to solve your problem.

Arlo decided to go this route, this "automatic firmware update" will knock your system down everytime when there is a firmware upgrade. If you lucky, you do not have to do anything, if you not lucky, then you have to be home to do factory reset.

kilo1
Guide
Guide

@dsiu2902  , yeah Im back up and running now.  Thank you!

Jcreech
Tutor
Tutor

All my Arlo devices are off-line , can’t get them to work unplugged the base station, rebooted WiFi.. Took some of the battery’s out, but that is such a pain in the a.

Atristan
Initiate
Initiate
For some reason my Arlo cam just stopped recording. It keeps saying it’s offline. My base station is working and the batteries are fully charged. I’ve took them out and turned it back on and tried everything. I’ve only had this camera for about 4 months. It’s been like this for days and I spent so much money on this thing.
Shellymcpherson
Initiate
Initiate
All of my devices keeping reading offline as well and ive tried everything as well
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Atristan

Have you tired to remove & resync the camera back to the base station yet? Does you web browser & app show the camera as offline?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your cameras appearing offline?

Ustin64
Guide
Guide
Yes. It has been synchronized and system has been rebooted cameras randomly go offline anyway. App shows camera is offline. I am far from being a computer geek and all this is simply annoying. Apparently, this is a well known problem and Arlo does nothing to fix it. From now on every email i sent will end with simple words.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ARLO.
Arlo knowingly sells a system that is faulty and does nothing to correct it. Should anything ever happen at my place - it is Arlo's fault and Arlo is responsible.
Thank you all.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ARLO.
KenRBNJ
Tutor
Tutor

A series of "compulsory" Firmware upgrades (Hey, don't *I* own the equipment?  Don't I get a choice?) has rendered Arlo useless.

Netgear, had a winner produc with Arlo.  Due to poor engineering, the product line has been deprecated to the dustbin.  Interestingly, no acknowledgement nor remedial plann has been announced.

Ironically, we had been planning to add several Arlo installations in a commerical location.  That plan was killed on 22-June-2019.

I can offer to you the following advice:  Do not buy Arlo.  Buy a Nest or other competing equipment.  Netgear does not want your business, it does not want my business.

Atristan
Initiate
Initiate
After continuously messing with it it finally started working. The only problem now is it only records with it feels like it. I’ve pretty much came to the conclusion I have to buy a new camera from a different brand. I completely wasted 200 bucks on this things.
Kevlar119
Guide
Guide
Mine has been doing the same thing since 6-29-19 as well. Reboots to router and modem haven't helped.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this the cameras or base station appearing offline?

Kevlar119
Guide
Guide
All three cams show "this device is offline" - i have two green less base station - nothing else
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kevlar119

What are the LEDs on the base station displaying? Do you have a screenshot by chance?

Kevlar119
Guide
Guide
The one on the right flashes every now and then.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kevlar119

Have you tried to reboot your cameras by removing & reinserting the batteries (Arlo Pro/Pro 2) & opening and closing the battery door (Arlo Original Wire Free).

Kevlar119
Guide
Guide
Thanks for your help - I ended up replacing all 12 batteries - and that worked. It's like something sucked the juice from all 3 cameras on the 29th!
Anders_E
Initiate
Initiate

@Kevlar119 wrote:
Thanks for your help - I ended up replacing all 12 batteries - and that worked. It's like something sucked the juice from all 3 cameras on the 29th!

I had the same problem and replaced the batteries two days ago. Now the charge is down to 45%, so there seems to be some ongoing problem with the current firmware?

nprice559
Initiate
Initiate

How do you do a factory reset?

BryanM
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo has yet to create a stable platform. To be blunt, do not put your money with the Arlo product. The need to constantly reboot and reconnect the base coupled with random drops of the wireless cameras makes it a dud.
Delmaward
Initiate
Initiate

cameras keep saying that they are off-line but I still have my Wi-Fi working I have taken the batteries off renstole them I have turn off the homebase and restart it and he still not working 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Delmaward

Are you still experiencing this issue with your cameras?

Finisher72
Guide
Guide
I have one camera that has been offline since yesterday and will not come back on!
Why????