Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
GjSchu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Unplug and replug has worked for me on several occ. Sometimes just power switch off and back on after approx. 1 min. is successful
Irvrn66
Star
Star
That sounds interesting, haven't tried turning router off and back on to acquire different channel
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Did live chat solve the problem? If so, what did they suggest?
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Yes. Grrrrrr.
livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

Once again my arlo system is offline over the weekend. Just got the cameras back up, several of the cameras now have dead batteries. All my cameras were disarmed and I had to go back and make a custom schedule, it was gone. So tired of this junk, I'll never buy another netgear product. Total junk! 

Software Version
Released
8/15/2019
Camera Firmware1.3.319
Basestation Firmware1.12.2.4_2772
Junk!!!!!

Unbelievable!!! I just got the damn thing back up and as Im writing this message the basestation just went offline again. I'm done.
irishsancho
Tutor
Tutor

It's junk. Time to bite the bullet and replace it. Sick and tired of having the base station go offline, having to get a ladder to re-sync cameras, and having battery drain on random cameras for no reason.

LAL19
Guide
Guide
Battery drains to a threshold of <2.75v and camera loses capability to be accepted by base station. No blinking blue LED for setup. New batteries installed (>3.0v) and camera connects to base station. Two- three days later it goes offline and I start over. I give up. Even though the cameras are still operating based on seeing the blinking orange LED for motion detection.
rsguy
Initiate
Initiate
The exact same thing has been happening to me for the past several months. My two Arlo H7 constantly goes offline. It'll come back up if I open the battery door and close, but will go offline within hours. Meanwhile the Arlo Pro H8 is online most of the time, so the basestation and internet is fine. However, the H8 also goes offline once in a while but not as persistently has the H7s.

What's the solution? I might just have to return it to Costco.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rsguy

Have you tried contacting customer service regarding this camera? I have attached the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

LAL19
Guide
Guide
Don’t have the time to sit and wait. What I did do as a last ditch effort was to buy the Arlo “recommended” re-charge batteries and charged batteries to 4.15v. Then I set the cameras to a schedule with capture time that is set at night (less movement). I’m watching closely to determine if there is hope yet.
Denisearlo
Guide
Guide
5 mos in and all 3 of my cameras went off line. The 1 that is connected to the doorbell motion ran out of battery life. The other 2 were at 69 72% ...I'm only using the door bell camera now until I re sync the other 2 ...I sent away for the tenergy charger and 4 batteries. I I will only use 1 camera until I figure out why the other 2 are going offline. Arlo agent told me to buy the charger and Tenergy batteries. You have to search online to find the best prices. I can't afford ring or at&t...so I chose to suffer it out. I think the sun was so hot it went offline.
Megan84
Initiate
Initiate
Every few months my Arlo base station will disconnect from all cameras. I usually have to delete then reinstall them all. It did it again and I'm not wanting to go through this process. How can I fix it without going through resyncing everything?
GE4RH3AD1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My oldest cameras (non-Pros) do the same. Tonight, I opened the battery covers on each camera, removed the batteries, then put them back in and closed the covers. This was enough to get the base station and cameras communicating again. Maybe this will help in your situation?
Megan84
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you! I'll try that tonight.

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had them for little over 2 years . The issues with these cameras are so bad across the board I have often wondered how there hasnt been a lawsuit. The motion sensor lags so bad it rarely catches anything of value , they go offline for no reason , especially when I'm away.
The lag with the motion detection recording alone is enough for immediate action yet it's been over 2 years and they cannot or will not fix them. I have to use a 2nd arlo camera as a motion sensor to trigger the 1st to record , and even then the motion has to be just perfect angle and speed of motion to detect it.
The latest is I have a video at 2 am of my yard, where a man walked across and scaled my fence. No video of anything except where he had been. Useless. The only reason I knew I had a trespasser is because I installed a wired, 24/7 system. At the very least Arlo should not be selling new versions and products while never even attempting to make things right with customers .

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you are still able to return them I would do so.
LAL19
Guide
Guide

I wish I could but I’ve had this system for at least 3 years and have just had the battery failure in the past 6 months. I did buy the Arlo recommended rechargeable batteries before Labor Day and have been monitoring their life very closely. Since I installed them I’ve only dropped 10%. This is the longest they have run since the firmware update from hell that started this problem. But I also added them all to a Schedule, recording at night only. TBD. 

@TheWatcher24 wrote:
If you are still able to return them I would do so.

Denisearlo
Guide
Guide
I put the Tenergy batteries in last week and its Down to 80%..Under device settings I paired that camera with the door bell . If someone rings the bell the camera will turn on. I do not keep that camera on. You get 500 charges so I'm not worried if I have to recharge it. I got 4 more batteries for another camera but I won't pair it with the door bell. I keep 1 camera in the house and the other one for the driveway. Need a ladder to change the other 2. Always keep Wi-Fi on to receive updates. Ive had this 5 mos and now having offline problems.
Irvrn66
Star
Star

It did'nt help with the going offline issue, but I solved the freq. battery recharge issue by purchasing AC adaptors for my cameras

Denisearlo
Guide
Guide
I am only using the door bell and one camera. It takes videos whenever there is movement paired with the doorbell.
Irvrn66
Star
Star

I eliminated the freq. battery recharging issue for my first generation Arlo cameras by purchasing AC adaptors for all my cameras.  They cost approx. $30.00 each and come with a ribbon cable that can be passed through a closed window by closing the window on the flat ribbon cable

Irvrn66
Star
Star

I purchased AC adaptors for my first generation Arlo cameras from Amazon.  The cost approx.$30.00 each and now I don't have the frustration of freq. recharging batteries.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Irvrn66 wrote:

I purchased AC adaptors for my first generation Arlo cameras from Amazon.  The cost approx.$30.00 each and now I don't have the frustration of freq. recharging batteries.

No offense, but the main selling point of Arlo is the wireless/battery capabilities. If you had power near your cameras I don't know why you'd chose Arlo. Also it doesn't Solve the issue, it just deflects it. Arlo team needs to fix the many bugs including this one.

KaluWall
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes...

By the way thanks for the info.

Lange