Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Columbo1
Guide
Guide

One of my cameras indicated a status of "offline".  So, I removed the batteries and replaced with a fresh set.  I attemped to sync it with the base unit (carefully following the istructions).  The base unit green lights appeared to blink properly. The blue light on the camera blinked (for about a minute of two) then turned amber and started blinking fast.

So I put in a different set of fresh bateries and went thru the process again.... same result.  I repeated this process several times.  

I then thought I might have a defective camera at this point.  So I took a brand new camera (same model) and put the fresh batteries in.  I then attempted to sync this new camera tothe base unit, but got the exact same result as before.

By the way, I recently changed the batteries on my other three cameras which showed low battery power - without incident.

I have never had a problem with sync after changing batteries and never ran into anything like this in the 2 years I've used this ARLO system. 

Any thoughts on what might be wrong... I do have another brand new (never used) base unit available.  Do these base units go bad in about 2 years ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frank

4 REPLIES 4
Columbo1
Guide
Guide

Update to my original post of 2018-11-23:

I now have tried deleting the camera in question (Remove Device) and then hit "Add Device"  with a different (brand new) camera - and tried to sync it with the base.  The blue light on the camera blinked for about 15 minutes then stopped.  Not sure if it blinks amber at the end.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Columbo1,

Try rebooting your Arlo base station and attempt to sync again after it comes back online.

Take a look here for camera LED behavior definitions: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Fre...

JamesC

Columbo1
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the info... but I tried that as well.  Doesn't help.
Seems I can only get a maximum of 4 of my cameras to function. 
If I recall correctly, after re-booting the base unit,  I had to re-sync all the cameras.  And I believe the one that was not working did in fact sync.  But I could still only get a maximum of 4 cameras in sync.  Bottom line - I still have one camera not working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Given the troubleshooting steps you've already taken, it could be a hardware related issue with the camera. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC