Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Keeps Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
tctexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo worked great for a year but now the last 2 months it has been acting up. It keeps going offline and now it is eating up batteries in a week. I have rebooted, resynced, deleated and set up the system like a new setup but still having problems. When I get it  working, it works only 2 days and then goes offline again. Getting expensive to replace the batteries every week.  Nothing has changed since the original setup- camera in same location, settings are the same plus best battery life.  Any ideas? Arlo has become unreliable and useless as a security camera. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Consider rechargeable batteries to reduce that cost.

It sounds like you have 1 camera.  If you do have more, try swapping cameras around to see if the issue with the camera or location. The location can be an issue even if it hasn't changed due to 2.4GHz wireless (not just WiFi) interference.  Could be from a neighbor or from something in your house. You could try repositioning the camera and/or base somewhat to see if that helps.

tctexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I moved the camera this morning to a different location. I will see how it goes. I used to get 5 months out of the batteries until it started acting up. I will invest in rechargeable batteries if it continues to burn through them quickly.  Hoping the camera will not continue to go offline. Time will tell.