Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - Home Owners Insurance Discount

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
belair23
Initiate
Initiate

Homeowner's insurance discounts (15%) are available from my homeowners insurance company for installing security camera systems, like Arlo. I need to supply the insurance agent with confirmation that I have such a system, but can find no such paperwork to support my claim.... Does Arlo have any certificates to supply???

Glenn

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I just used a bill of sale and the owners manual... your company may want more

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I asked my agent for State Farm and they need a security system certificate. YMMV.

markheneen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Glenn,

I need the same thing, a certificate issued by Arlo to qualify for a discount.  Have you been able to get one?  Thanks.

Mark 

belair23
Initiate
Initiate

I am going to bring in a copy of my receipt from Best Buy and show my insurance agent the live stream from both of my cameras... that should do it...

Glenn

markheneen wrote:

Hi Glenn,

I need the same thing, a certificate issued by Arlo to qualify for a discount.  Have you been able to get one?  Thanks.

Mark 

markheneen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much Glenn for the quick response.  I will do the same.  Hopefully it will work for both of us.  Thanks again.

Mark

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

My wife is a director in P&C for a major insurance company.  Thier company does not recognize this system alone for a Home policy discount.

Good luck, interested to see of yours goes through.