Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo H7 cameras won't sense motion for a day and a half and then started recording on its own.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BriDroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our system is only 2 weeks old. 4 H7 cameras and one VMB3500r4 base. It worked fine for about 4 days. Then we had issues where the cameras wouldn’t sense motion for a day and a half. Then all the sudden they started recording on their own. 

This morning, it was back to seeing no motion. Then this afternoon, it started to say that it can’t connect to the cameras. I’ve attached a pic. I’ve tried to open the battery door on the cameras I can get to without a ladder. It doesn’t change anything. The top two LEDs are on green and the bottom LED is off on the base. Any other options than removing and reinstalling?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BriDroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

I ended up calling tech support, as I have done all the easy stuff like take out batteries, etc.

I ended with them asking me to remove everything, including the base, and reinstall the base and cameras.  So far, that has worked.  Since I didn't have the LED for the camera connection, they think the base might be the issue.  I have a case opened up and will continue to monitor everything.  If it happens again, I think they are going to replace the base, from how they talked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey BriDroid,

Try to use the motion detection test to make sure your motion detection is working properly on your Arlo camera, which you can read here on how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

You can also try removing the batteries from your Arlo camera and inserting them back in to see if that might help it.

BriDroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

I ended up calling tech support, as I have done all the easy stuff like take out batteries, etc.

I ended with them asking me to remove everything, including the base, and reinstall the base and cameras.  So far, that has worked.  Since I didn't have the LED for the camera connection, they think the base might be the issue.  I have a case opened up and will continue to monitor everything.  If it happens again, I think they are going to replace the base, from how they talked.