Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
whovijay
Follower
Follower

Hi

I have been having issues with geofencing where it does not work properly and shows my wife's mobile as away while she is at home and keep recording things, which it should not. I have looked at the forum and have tried whatever is suggested there but for no real luck. Can you please advise?

Kind regards

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

whovijay,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

How does the first in, last out principal work with geofencing mode for my Arlo cameras?

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

mammiano
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I am continuing to have issues like this, specifically with the geofence and it being armed/disarmed when coming and going from my home. I have followed all of the tuturials, changed all of the special characters, refreshed all devices and completely wiped all additional users with no luck. Is this a known issue? If so, when is this going to be fixed? I have most recently switched from Canary to Arlo a month ago thinking this was a more comprehensive system and it is failing on basic levels.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is aware of this issue and hopes to have a fix available very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information on the fix.

JamesC

Jakob1X
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo-system, with four cameras, worked perfectly with two iPhones connected and Geofencing (Away = Activated; Home = Schedule) until a few days ago. Now it is completely impossible to get it to work. It does not recognize Home or Away. It does not matter how many times I "tick of" (and save) and "tick on" the iPhones (and save). It works so/so when I update it manually, but the schedule actually never works anymore. Have you made any changes the last few days? I really need it to work as it did before. At that time I was a very satisfied customer, who actually recommended this system to a lot of friends. As it is now, it is no good at all!

mammiano
Initiate
Initiate
Hi,

Is there any resolution to this issue as of yet? It is simply redicous this is not working as of yet