Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo First Gen Camera only comes online with two batteries inserted

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BigRed77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi one camera refuses to come back online. Am getting blue flashing light but that will last for ages. Tried the usual base station reset and removed the camera from the base station. Took ages took re-sync but went offline after a few minutes. The camera comes back online with only two batteries inserted which is strange but it doesn't last as the power drains really fast.

I've also got another camera which is a replacement as I had the same issue. But this replacement camera just detects nothing every minute even with the sensitivity right down to 10-15%. Seams to record nothing when its sunny but its ok at night time!

So at the minute not having a good time with this system. I've got one more camera which is operating normally.

I will contact support over the phone but it takes nearly a hour to get it resolved if am lucky!!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the Arlo HD cameras will work with 2 batteries as it uses 2 sets of 2 and flip-flops between the 2 sets for battery power to drain equally... obv one set of 2 it will only last half as long in use ( half the current total normally )

Make sure the batteries are installed correctly

20170414_074533.jpg

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BigRed77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I’ve had the system for over three years within those years I’ve had two base stations replaced and two cameras replaced. The camera that won’t sync is a replacement camera but it was brand new in a sealed box as if I’d just bought it. The second camera that records every minute is also a replacement and was just in a plain card board box. This one has been having issues straight from the start. So I think this was somebody else’s troubled camera!! The system has started going offline once a week which es the reason I had the base stations replaced. It’s a good system but has its issues which is expected with WIFI system. But for the price you pay for it, it should work better.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BigRed77 wrote:
 The second camera that records every minute is also a replacement and was just in a plain card board box. 

When did you purchase it?  If it's still under warranty, perhaps replace it.

BigRed77
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased it last year September but the replacement camera is only a few months old or I’ve only had it a few months.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BigRed77 wrote:
I purchased it last year September but the replacement camera is only a few months old or I’ve only had it a few months.

Sounds to me like it should still be covered by warranty.   So try contacting support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx