Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cloud location and privacy

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Octevia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having trouble working out from this site where the Arlo Cloud servers are situated. 

Are all the servers located in the US?

Are any servers available in Australia?

Additionally,

Is data enrypted at rest?

who has access to the footage? For instance do Arlo retain access to the footage?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Arlo servers are actually Amazon servers. A quick test is to use trace route (tracery for Windows) to Arlo.netgear.com and check where the result leads you. I'm in Rochester, NY, USA and end up in Ireland.

Data is encrypted. Who has access, etc. is unknown and likely will remain so.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Arlo servers are actually Amazon servers. A quick test is to use trace route (tracery for Windows) to Arlo.netgear.com and check where the result leads you. I'm in Rochester, NY, USA and end up in Ireland.

Data is encrypted. Who has access, etc. is unknown and likely will remain so.
Octevia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank-you jguerdat,

Netgear were very unhelpful stating it was "a propriety concern" to tell me which country the data was kept in????

I am glad for people like yourself who make things so much easier. Thanks again.

Octevia
Aspirant
Aspirant

respoonse from netgear

"If you want to store your Data locally, you may use the Arlo Pro, Arlo Q, or Arlo Q plus cameras. They have the feature where you can use a USB storage/Micro SD.

Regarding the Server, we do not have the information if it is in Amazon or not. As stated above, the information is NETGEAR proprietary and confidential.

We do not have the access on your account. You are the only one who have access except if you share your account with Friend account. "