Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Can't Connect A Camera To Base Station, Blinking Blue Light Forever

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jaysa
Guide
Guide

Can't connect a camera to base station.
Blinking blue light forever. All other cameras work fine. Problem camera has worked fine for 2 years. Then, just stopped working. Batteries good. Tried a reboot. Deleted camera, then tried to add it back on. Will not add problem camera back on.

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the blue LED doesn't flash when closing the battery door, verify that the batteries are properly inserted for polarity and that you have only placed them in their slots without pushing down. Close the battery door and let it do the pushing. If still no blue flash, it sounds like you have a dead camera.  Oh, yeah, be sure the batteries are actually good, too.

ManuKast
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the same issue on a camera that was working properly since a year. Could you fix the issue in the meantime?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ManuKast,

Have you tried to remove and re-insert the battery in the camera?

ManuKast
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I did ShayneS. Also removed it from the base station and tried to reconnect it with the sync button. But this isn’t possible anymore. 😞
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ManuKast,

What are the status LED lights displaying on your base station?

ManuKast
Aspirant
Aspirant

All three green. In the meantime I resetted the base station and set it up to my account again. I then could connect the cam, which was problematic until then. But now I cannot connect the other cams anymore. 

When I start the assistant I follow all the instructions (battery, sync button) but it does not connect to the base station, therefore shows an error. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ManuKast,

Are you keeping the cameras within 3 feet of the base station when syncing? Did you reboot or factory reset the base station?

ManuKast
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS,
first of all, thanks for your constant support!

Yes I did factory reset the base station After that I could successfully assign the cam that wasn’t connecting before. However now no other of my cams can be connected anymore.

Yes I placed the cam in a range of about 50 centimeters to 2 meters around the base station.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ManuKast,

You are welcome, we are here to help as much as possible.Forgive me if you have done this, it sounds like there may be some interference happening around the cameras. Is it possible to move the base station or router further from each other & try and sync the cameras a few times each until they hopefully get a signal.

GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as the OP ..... tryed all the above with no results.

Can't connect a camera to base station.
Blinking blue light forever. All other cameras work fine.

Problem camera has worked fine for 2 years.

Then, just stopped working. Batteries good.

Tried a reboot. Deleted camera, then tried to add it back on.

Will not add problem camera back on.

Camera seems it's DEAD ?

~ Thanks, GKU

GKU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved by rebooting my WIFI router and Arlo base station.

Went back into the app and redid the cam setup.

FYI:

Also when installing fresh batteries or a power failure I need to install them twice for them to auto connect back, strange but it's what usually works for me .......... untill I needed to do the above.

~ Thanks, GKU

ManuKast
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS I couldn’t belive it! It works again!

I unplugged my Access Point, which was in the same room some meters away. After that I could add all cams again. Apparently the interference was the reason. During the upcoming weekend I’ll investigate a little more on this issue. I’ll try to just enable 5 GHz WiFi, since I assume the base station is running on 2.4 GHz only. If this works, I’ll enable 2.4 GHz on the AP again and try to allocate a different channel. 

Anyways! Big big thanks to you and your constant support! Keep up the awesome work! 

All the best!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ManuKast,

You are welcome, have a great weekend.

Momjo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried several times and changed battery several times and I cannot add a new camera. It won’t sync. Blue light blinks for a ling time and then stops. Not syncing. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Momjo,

What are the status LEDs displaying on the base station?