Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cameras zapping batteries

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tjohns84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I originally purchased my arlo system in 2016, it was the original 3 camera system and since then I have added two aditional cameras. The system has been great, battery life was good, connections were stable and it has been smooth sailing. Now within, the past 6-8 months, two of the original camera's are starting to zap the batteries. So, my setup is as follows, of the three original cameras two are outside and on is inside, the two on the outside are the ones that are zapping the batteries. Yes, I know the colder weather and motion settings and record times do vary and use batteries at different rates. However, I have put the new cameras outside and in the same places just to test the cameras battery usage. The older outdoor cameras the batteries are lasting about a month and the new cameras, well are still up and running with good battery life. I was wondering if you all think my cameras may just be going bad? I also know battery life are different depending on the battery type and how old they are. I have tried different types of batteries and also checked the batteries birth dates. I feel like I have two cameras that are going bad. Also, the third orignal camera I have indoors, I have no problems with this camera at all, the batteries last what seems to be forever.  Who's got a thought?

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

Try taking the inside one outside to see if it acts the same way as the others. Take one of the outside ones and bring it inside where the other camera was. I doubt that the cameras are going bad. I purchased mine in early 2016 and they are still working great. 

A couple of months ago I did purchase 2 Pro models and put them outside with the new solar panels and brought the original cameras inside where they don't see a lot of motion. I usually just arm my cameras at night and when I leave my home.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. Bring those original outdoor ones inside. I wonder if it has to do with the cold. Are they all on the same firmware version and have the same hardware version? Do they all record for approximately the same length of time each day?

Tjohns84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah they are all up to date and on the same firmware