Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Hoolihan
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a basic, 2 camera Netgear monitoring set up at our office. One camera began instantly draining all 4 (expensive) batteries approx. 9 months ago. We have just been using one camera. Now, I have just drained, instantly, 8 new batteries. We purchased a 4 camera system just last week, and I have not yet opened the boxes. I will return it if I cannot get any help.....spent the last hour trying to contact someone about this. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If it's the same camera doing it each time it could be a faulty camera.

You could try and swap the locations of the two cameras to see if there is a chance it could be location related.

Could it be that someone is using excessive live view on the fast drain camera?

How many recordings a day on that camera?

You could remove device and resync the camera to see if that makes a difference.

Are the new cameras you bought the wire free or the rechargeable Arlo Pro model?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And there's always the Contact Support link at te bottom here.

Hoolihan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the support link just keeps putting me back to community or search issue place....no place to contact the vendor, etc. Very difficult business to reach for answers and solutions.

Hoolihan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, it is not the Pro product, just the Arlo. It requires 4 of the 123 batteries per camera. The issue began with one of the devices, which I have just not used in several months as I could not find a phone number to ask about faulty device. I thought I had gotten a bad batch of batteries, then quit spending any more money as they drain INSTANTLY. That answers the next question....it is not over use, too many recordings, etc. I placed the batteries in this device that had been working well, and within 1-2 minutes it was completely dead.....So, my concern now is that I have just invested 700-800 dollars in a new, upgraded Arlo system, but I am about to send it all back and go with a different (and less expensive) brand. We only used the one camera for 6 months before it went on the fritz.....

Streak2
Master Master
Master
It sounds like a faulty camera. My wire free lasts many months on primary CR123's and only a little shorter on recjargeable CR123's.

Let support deal with this for you/

United States contact information:

(408)-638-3750

And live chat here

https://my.netgear.com/Arlo/ContactUs/Chat

Hoolihan
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU!