Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Shows under Settings, But will not display live video

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CO-Man
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of the cameras didn't appear to sync correctly.  After multiple attempts,I moved on to the other three. I can't see live video with error message of timed out.  However, the same camera shows under settings, showing connected and allowing me to both adjust its settings and take/see pictures.  Still though, no live video. What's the answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CO-Man
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out the camera was bad.  Arlo's Tech Support said they hadn't seen this before as I could get to the settings, see snapshots, adjust setting, but yet still not get the video.  They replaced the camera and the new one synced right away.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What version of the app?  the Android app, v2.1.1, has a display issue that 2.1.0 or a browser don't.  Try a browser and see if that's the case.

CO-Man
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same results on computer through IE.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CO-Man,

Try swapping locations with an unaffected camera and try again. It could be an issue with signal strength or wireless interference at the cameras location.

What firmware version is the affected camera running?

JamesC

CO-Man
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out the camera was bad.  Arlo's Tech Support said they hadn't seen this before as I could get to the settings, see snapshots, adjust setting, but yet still not get the video.  They replaced the camera and the new one synced right away.