Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bpcollins3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having an issue lately where one of my Arlo cameras keeps showing offline. I am using the Tenergy rechargeable batteries and Arlo support says I need to recharge my batteries. However, I'll charge them and resync the camera to the base station, then the camera lasts about 24 hours before it shows that it's offline again.

The camera doesn't have very much usage, so I don't think the batteries should be draining so quickly. Has anyone else experienced this? Could my batteries be bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What does the battery level show in the app?

The camera will switch between the front and back sets as the batteries deplete. This is supposed to maximize battery life according to the engineers. So if there are few recordings and the batteries only last 24 hours then there could be a problem with one or more of the batteries or with the camera itself.

Exchange sets of batteries between 2 of your cameras and see if the problem follows the batteries or the camera.

I am also running the Netgear 3.7v Tenergy batteries.

Do you have a voltmeter that you can use to measure the voltage of the batteries when they are "flat"?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What does the battery level show in the app?

The camera will switch between the front and back sets as the batteries deplete. This is supposed to maximize battery life according to the engineers. So if there are few recordings and the batteries only last 24 hours then there could be a problem with one or more of the batteries or with the camera itself.

Exchange sets of batteries between 2 of your cameras and see if the problem follows the batteries or the camera.

I am also running the Netgear 3.7v Tenergy batteries.

Do you have a voltmeter that you can use to measure the voltage of the batteries when they are "flat"?

bpcollins3
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery level doesn't show; I guess if the camera can't connect it won't show that information. I don't have a voltmeter to test them either.

However, I switched sets of batteries between the two cameras and was able to sync the cameras just fine. Battery levels are good too in both cameras. We'll see if it lasts this time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just a quick FYI, a cheap voltmeter can be used for many things. While it may not be in constant use, there are times when it can be indispensible. You don't need to spend a lot - here are examples:

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Electrical/N-5yc1vZarcdZ12kxZ12ky/Ntk-semanticsearch/Ntt-multimeter?NCNI...