Arlo Camera Flashing in IR Mode

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
swoodard
Guide
Guide

So when my front porch Camera starts to record at night recently it has begun to blink on and off in IR mode. There is a porch light nearby that has been at the same location since installation. I have a video but cant seem to insert it here. When you watch the video its switching back n forth between balck-white to color images very second. I tried a different camera and it still does the same thing. Any ideas ? 1.jpg1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd guess the external light level is right at the point of where the switch happens for night vs. day (color) recording happens. My deck light is close to the camera and will switch to color when it turns on with such switching back and forth.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

swoodard,

I agree with jguerdat. It sounds like at that location the light level is right on the cusp of too little and just enough causing the Night Vision feature to engage/disengage. If two cameras behave this way in this location, I would advise relocating the camera or, if applicable, turn off the night vision feature on this camera as it does seem to appear from your first image that the lamp on your porch provides enough light for the camera to be viewed.

JamesC

swoodard
Guide
Guide
Thanks guys. You all are probably right since two different camera and the same thing
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, after looking at the two pics.... I say if able, increase the wattage of the outside bulb ( to give more light ) and turn off the IR.

First pic has better definintion

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------