Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base station is working. Cameras are offline. What do I do? Will not snyc to Base.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Follower
Follower

The base station is connected to the internet and all 3 lights are green.

I have 5 cameras and they all went out at same time.  Message is they are off line.  I cannot snyc them to the base station.  When trying to do so, the cameras blink red for a short time.  All cameras have new batteries.

How can I get my cameras to work? 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ha you tried restarting the base? It might be worthwhile restarting your router, too.

DFWTXexplorer
Initiate
Initiate

I came home early today and went to my Android app to turn the cameras off.  The app showed the mode as 'offline' and each of the 5 camera screens says "Your Arlo devise appears offline....."    I turned off the base station, unplugged it, powered my main router off and on, then plugged the base station back in and turned it on.  Only 2 green lights came on (power and internet).  I got 1 camera to resync it.  After going through that process, the 3rd base station light came on (showing camera is synced).  But the app still shows the base and all cameras offline.  I logged into the web app and it shows the equipment off line as well.  Batteries were not dead in all 5, so I'm puzzled at what occured.  

dduff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thats EXACTLY our problem!!! Ours is only 2 years & never expected to have these problems after only 2 years!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled the base? It's possible a system reset would solve the issue.

DFWTXexplorer
Initiate
Initiate

After more reveiw of the community forums, I tried did a base reset.  I had to add everything back and resync each camera.  That appears to have resolved the issue.