Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base station - Solid orange light on camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Plewis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All - hoping for some help please.

I am trying to connect the Netgear VMB3000 base station to my TP- LINK MR6400 4G LTE router.

I have the Base station connected to my Router via ethernet cable.

When I power the BS on the only two lights showing are power (solid green) and camera (solid orange). No other lights are on. I have been advised by Support that this means the BS needs to be 'claimed'.

There are no devices added to my Arlo app and when I go to add a new device and select base station, it looks for it but eventually comes back to say it can't be found.

Removing the ethernet cable from the back of the TP Link router has no effect on any of the lights (I have tried all LAN ports).

I have restarted the base station and router and tried a hard reset without any success.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Plewis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to update - I tried all of the router settings suggested by support but was unable to fix the issue.

I replaced the TP-Link router over the weekend with a Huawei and Arlo connected immediately.

So if anyone else has an issue with Arlo and a TP-Link LTE (4g) router then I would suggest changing to another model or brand.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed but before that happens you need the middle Internet LED to be green, not off or amber. Off means the base isn't even communicating with your router. Try rebooting the router and base, in that order, as well as try different Ethernet cable (ensure the cable is securely pushed into both ends).

It may also be a setting in the router that isn't allowing the base to get an IP address or that either the router or base is faulty.

Plewis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to update - I tried all of the router settings suggested by support but was unable to fix the issue.

I replaced the TP-Link router over the weekend with a Huawei and Arlo connected immediately.

So if anyone else has an issue with Arlo and a TP-Link LTE (4g) router then I would suggest changing to another model or brand.

Cheers