Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base station - Lost Ability to configure >1 rule per camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trefor
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo base station (std) with 5 cameras. I just lost the ability to create more than 5 rules. This is not good as I use one camera motion sensor to turn others on etc. What changed? I have tried resetting? Any help appreciated.

Also, from time-to-time my base station forgets any custom modes/rules - why? If I power cycle it then it does not forget. Very frustrating to have re-program the rules every few weeks.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Mycle
Guide
Guide

Your rules are probably still active, they've proably just been consolidated.

It appears that the way rules are handled has changed.

I encontered the same problem last night. After some searching I found that the missing rules were now consolidated under the triggering camera. There is now one rule per camera but a rule can now have more than one action. If you edit the rule for a camera that has more than one action, scroll down to the "Then do the following..." section. You should see mutliple actions, including the one(s) that used to have their own rule.

It's a better model, in my opinion, but one that should not have been introduced without warning.

Edit: It appears that there are some other issues related to this change. For example, when creating a new mode, I'm unable to name the individual rules. All of my new rules are name "Action on Camera" without any way to tell which camera.