Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App will not accept my password, while website will.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
RB247
Tutor
Tutor

I deleted and reinstalled the App on my iPhone 7 with negative results. Could not find information to contact customer service.  It is very well hidden.  The App doesn't recognize my finger print or accept my password.  I can use the same password and access my account at the website.  Any ideas?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RB247,

Are you sure you're entering your password correctly in the mobile app? Be sure all characters are entered with the correct capitalization as this could be causing an issue.

JamesC

RB247
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC,

Yes.  I have a password app that I copied it from a couple of times and I entered it by hand a couple of times.  It doesn't work.  I entered the same password online and it works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RB247,

Do you experience this when trying to sign in on a different mobile device? Consider reinstalling the Arlo Mobile App and try again.

JamesC

RB247
Tutor
Tutor

I did uninstall and reinstall the App.   Same problem. Also couldn't login from a Windows machine now so I requested a reset of my password.  I entered my current password and got an error message that says I can’t reset to my current password.   So, it knows my email address and sent me a reset.  It knows my password.  I changed my password and everything works now.    What in the world is going on?  Is it forcing us to change our passwords without telling us to or the reason?

CPaquette
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact thing is happening to me. Arlo app won't accept current password. Password is entered correctly (when reset email sent software recognizes the current password). Uninstall of app on phone and restarting phone doesn't work. Can only log in via desktop computer.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CPaquette,

Have you tried changing your current password? Do you still experience the same issue after setting up a new password?

JamesC

CPaquette
Tutor
Tutor
Resetting the password works for a time then gives me the error. This is my second time resetting the password. I've only had this system since this May.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CPaquette,

Is it working currently? The next time this happens, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

zootsuit
Aspirant
Aspirant

FWIW I got the password-not-recognized problem on my PC after I changed the Flash setting in the Chrome browser. I hoped to resolve the Flash banner issue. Chrome's default setting for Flash is Ask First but I changed it to Always Allow. Afterwards, my Arlo password worked only the first time logging in; after that it was no longer recognized on Chrome and the iPhone app. So the Flash banner problem was fixed but fixing it caused a bigger password problem.

I restored the Chrome Flash setting to the recommended Ask First and reset my password. Then everything worked fine on both PC and iPhone. So not specifically allowing Flash every time it is invoked also mangled the Arlo password! Go figure.