Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Crashing. After signing in, goes back to login page on iPhone X.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
casseyrae32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got my Arlo 3 camera system over the weekend.  I reluctantly used the web to set it up last night because I could not get the app to work (iPhone X).  Everytime the app opens, I type in my username and password and click Login - it says "Signing In" for 1 second then goes back to the opening page with my username & password.  I can see everything fine from the web version but have no access to anything App related.  This is very frustrating as this is brand new!  I did update my iPhone last night thinking maybe the software update had something to do with it and no luck...  Please help! PS - I was told by support that they were "escalating my case" and that someone would call me within 24 hours... I have not received a phone call back...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
casseyrae32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica,

I was able to figure out that when I have my VPN turned on, I am unable to login to the app.  Is there a reason for this?  As soon as I turn my VPN off, I am able to login with no issues, but as soon as I turn my VPN back on, I am not able to see anything/log in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi casseyrae32,

Does anyone else have access to your account? Arlo allows only one registered administrative user per account. Try to log out of your account from every device, uninstall the Arlo app, restart your iPhone, and reinstall the app and log in to see if that helps. Is this also happening when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data?

casseyrae32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica,

I was able to figure out that when I have my VPN turned on, I am unable to login to the app.  Is there a reason for this?  As soon as I turn my VPN off, I am able to login with no issues, but as soon as I turn my VPN back on, I am not able to see anything/log in.