Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Account

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lexxmt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created account many years ago on netgear website. Is a way to get support for Arlo system as I'm located in UK and based on Arlo UK Support my account is in the US support system?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean you set up an Arlo system (while it was still owned by Netgear) previously? Where did you set it up - in the UK or the US? If the US and you want to utilize the UK support, you likely should remove your account via Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Delete Arlo Account and then set up the system as if you just bought it. By removing your account and then setting it back up, your current location will dictate which support site you connect with.

lexxmt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, system was setup while it was owned by netgear. It was set in UK and still run in UK. It has UK address on account. I pay for subscription / cloud recording. Recently I get issues with one of Arlo devices and try to contact Arlo support. But they was not able to find my account. So they escalated it to European Arlo support and I get answer that my system registered in US support, and I have to contact US Arlo support. But when I try to contact US/CA support, I get message that my regional support team is in UK, and I need contact UK Arlo support. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC or @ShayneS ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lexxmt,

I've checked the account associated with the email you're using here on the community and it is associated with a EU country code. I recommend contacting EU support using the Arlo mobile app under Settings > Support. If you continue experiencing any issues, please let me know.

JamesC

lexxmt
Aspirant
Aspirant

This what I get from EU Support Team:

Your Case Details
Case Number: 00529361
Subject: issue onboarding doorbell

Case Update

Dear Vitaly

Thank you for getting in touch with Arlo Europe support.

This is Jacob from Arlo Europe support. I am just following up with you about case 00529361

Looks like the XXXXXXX account is in the US support system. Maybe you have created it abroad (outside of the EU) or you were using VPN and you just do not remember.

Please contact the US support for assistance with the doorbell issue - https://www.arlo.com/en-ca/support/contact

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lexxmt,

I've opened and escalated a ticket detailing the concerns you've mentioned here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

JamesC

lexxmt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lexxmt,

I've been informed that your ticket has been routed to the appropriate regional support and an agent will be reaching out to you with more information.

JamesC

lexxmt
Aspirant
Aspirant

My case not progressed so far. It get closed. So I’m on same place where I was

case:

Your Case Details

Case Number: 43456942
Subject: EU customer being router to NA support
Product:

Case Update

Dear Vitaly,

Thank you for contacting Arlo Customer Service and Support. You have reached the support team for customers outside of Europe. 

To comply with the GDPR and other relevant Data Privacy regulations, our customer databases are independent from each other. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you today.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lexxmt,

Looking into this again, I apologize for the delay. I will let you know the results as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

lexxmt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any news?