Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 6 camera bought from HSN

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dunkin6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have purchased an Arlo 6 camera security system from HSN. I haven't received it yet but I was reading reviews and it seems that I didn't order one that allows 2 way talking. I don't even know if it allows me to hear or say something one way. If I order a Pro 2 later, can I use the same cameras?

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Dunkin6

Do you have a model number or picture you can post. While all the Wireless, Pro and Pro 2 cameras will work with any base station, the original Wireless cameras don't have a speaker. The Pro 2 will, so Yes you can. One other thing is that if you purchase more cameras, you will probably need to upgrade to a paid plan or disable one of these cameras to stay on the free plan.

Brian

Dunkin6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Security SytemArlo Security Sytem

Dunkin6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I posted a picture. I don't see speakers. So, if I buy a camera with a speaker will it work with that base in the picture?

brh
Master
Master

@Dunkin6

The picture must be approved by the site administrator before I can view it. Once approved I will look at it and get back to you.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Dunkin6

Yes, I don't think the base has anything to do with the 2 way audio feature. If you purchase a camera with a speaker, (Pro or Pro 2 models), they should work with the base you purchased.

Brian

Dunkin6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great. Thank you for your input. I can at least try!

brh
Master
Master

@Dunkin6

Thes cameras do not have speakers so two way audio is not possible. You might consider purchasing the new Arlo Audio Doorbell.

Brian