Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Reecester
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras system.  All worked great and signed up for the yearly service.

I am away from home for 4 months and 5 of the 6 cameras have stopped working.  The five cameras state "This Arlo device is offline."  I have rebooted the base station to no avail.  I had a friend swing by and grab a couple of the cameras to reboot them, nothing changed.

Sorta frustrating.  I cannot get to the system, not sure how to even ask someone to go mess with the system and I have wasted maoney on th service plan. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What about dead batteries?

Reecester
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am doubting that.  

Five of 6 of the cameras all stopped at the same time.  The remaining camera still shows full charge and all the batteries were installed about the same itme.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reecester,

When you had your friend check the cameras, did they note any LED behavior (cameras front LED, color, etc.)?

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If something has caused interference and the cameras have dropped offline, there's a good chance they have depleted their batteries in attempts to reconnect. Then by the time you've noticed and gone to restart your base, the cameras have dead batteries and won't reconnect