Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star
  • A few issues here. 
  • Today, i noticed all my rules for my base station were removed by themselves on my wireless cams for the On Motion Sett. After reconfiguring for about 20 mins, i come back to the app to find out theyre removed again. I ended all tasks , closed, reopened, and even restarted my phone. No luck. I am also not able to set the recording time past the default 14 seconds. When i access it after saving the setting, its back to default 14 seconds for all cams. In this same reconfiguring situation, i also noticed that i am unable to add my phone provider for txt notifications now. The format is correct, i verified on other posts. i have changed nothing but the Arlo app has seemed to stop working in these areas...

Along with many other posts that i read before posting this, one of my cams only randomly records on motion about 10% of the time. I opened the battery door and reinserted them, resynced etc.. all basic troubleshooting steps and no fix. I just noticed this occur within the past month. My system has been working fine for the most part until this. Since this issue is also reported among many others, its logical to assume that this may be an arlo server network issue and not so much an isolated camera issue. My home network is flawless and i have one of the best routers out there so i know this recent hiccup is not my doing. But it is annoying. And i would like it fixed. Yes ive tweaked the sensitivity settings and did all other trouble shooting. No fix.

Another issue i have is on one of my cams, was a pink hue. I was able to move the cam and resync and this fixed it. Dont know why this happened though. Again, this is a popular post on these threads as well.

My last step is to uninstall the app, reset base station and start from scratch. This is really annoying and a big inconvenience and i have to take an hour out of my day to do this. I am very confident this is an Arlo stemming issue and not so much user created. Ive had these cams for a good while and they were actually flawless when i first got them but after a few updates more issues have arised. This is not a coincidence. I would suggest to spice things up a little and looking out for kinks and bugs.

I hate to sound so pessimistic but these issues ruin my day when i feel that my home is unprotected because i chose to spend $500 on my arlo system.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First off, always try both the app and a browser.  If one works, it's a problem with the other.  If so, tell us the model and OS of the affected device.

Post screenshots of your camera positions - maybe we can suggest solutions.  

Pink hue will likely need a camera replacement - contact Support at the link above and create a trouble ticket.