Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anytime I try to login on a computer, Arlo says it sent me a verification code.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anytime I try to login on a computer, Arlo says it sent me a verification code. I’m not getting the code. It has the wrong phone number. How do I fix that?

19 REPLIES 19
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

Anytime I try to login on a computer, Arlo says it sent me a verification code. I’m not getting the code. It has the wrong phone number. How do I fix that?

Can you log in with the app?

Once in, you can change the two-factor authentication settings.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I can access the app, but I don't see how to get to authentication settings.  Can you provide the steps to get there please?  Thanks so much in advance.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just to be clear, when I go to 2-step verification, I can click on phone, cellphone, old phone, but that doesn't change the number....it doesn't show what number is attached.  How can I change it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally it uses web push.  So the first thing is to make sure there is a checkbox next to the correct phone in the trusted device list.

If you want a text message as well, then press on the + on the upper right of the screen, and then select "Add SMS Verification".

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

It doesn't tell me what number is associated with "phone" or "cell".....I've tried both, but apparently neither choice is tied to my cell phone.  Any other ideas?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

It doesn't tell me what number is associated with "phone" or "cell".....I've tried both, but apparently neither choice is tied to my cell phone.  Any other ideas?

Web push doesn't requre the phone number.  Is there a check next to any of the devices in your trusted device list???

If you select SMS, then the Arlo Cloud will send you the text.  You are configuring the phone number you want to receive the text.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've tried using "phone" and also "cell", but when I try to access Arlo on a computer and it says it sent a push notification, nothing shows up.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

I've tried using "phone" and also "cell", but when I try to access Arlo on a computer and it says it sent a push notification, nothing shows up.

I can't see your screen, and mine of course has my own devices on it.  Are you saying you've tried putting a check next to Cell, and that didn't work?  Likewise for Phone?

Why not try setting up SMS verification???

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I've tried to put a check next to phone as well as cell, but no push notification.  Can you tell me how to set up SMS verification if you think that will solve the issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

Can you tell me how to set up SMS verification if you think that will solve the issue?

Press the "+" at the top right of the screen,

You should then see a screen to allow other verification methods (both email and SMS).

BTW, if email isn't set up on your system, then you should set it it up.  Otherwise you'd be stuck if you lose your phone.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I added SMS, but still no push notification.  I didn't see anything to "add" email, but I THINK I must be set up because I get emails when my batteries are low...?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

I added SMS, but still no push notification.  

Ok.  Now when the web push logon times out, try selecting "another verification method" and then choose SMS.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

How can I do that?  It just says

Gardenut_0-1698851979875.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You should see "Try Another Verification Method" at the bottom of the screen.

verification.png

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought I sent you a screenshot - that's not an option.

Gardenut_0-1698859866938.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gardenut wrote:

I thought I sent you a screenshot

You did, but it clearly was cropped (as was mine) - so I couldn't tell if you were looking at the full screen,

What browser are you using?  Also, is this a PC?  Of not, what device is it?

FWIW, I was using Edge on a Windows 10 PC.  

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm using Firefox (I've also tried Chrome), it's a laptop using Windows.  Here's a pic without cropping:

Gardenut_0-1698860503740.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Chrome works the same way as Edge (though I can't re-test it at the moment, since the browser is currently trusted).

What version of Windows are you running?

Do you have any internet security software on the PC?  If you do, perhaps try disabling it, and see if the missing controls and links re-appear.

Gardenut
Apprentice
Apprentice

SUCCESS!!!!  Thank you SO MUCH and thank you for being so patient!