Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone using a uninterruptible power supply for the arlo base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nictrix
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone using an uninterruptible power supply for the arlo base station?  If so can you tell me what kind and how long it took to drain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run a CyberPower Intelligent UPS Battery Backup - 1500VA, 900 Watts, 8 Outlets, UPS with LCD readout... on sale I think I paid about $125

It runs the computer ( auto shuts down after 1/2 hr no use ) router / switch / cable modem / wireless phone.  During power outages, I had it run for over 4 hours no problem... of course the load after the computer shuts down is pretty low. Mainly its there for the cable modem/wifi/phone

Can't say i know the max lenght of time I'd get because at the 3-4 hours mark, I'll usu start up the house gennie ( so the backup starts to recharge ) Would est about 6 hours or more if computer is off.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a medium-sized home APC UPS that runs the cable modem, router and base station . Not home at the moment to tell you the model and specs but I'll post later. The router and modem ran for a few hours over a year ago with no problem. Just remember that you need all those devices powered or the base station won't matter.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run a CyberPower Intelligent UPS Battery Backup - 1500VA, 900 Watts, 8 Outlets, UPS with LCD readout... on sale I think I paid about $125

It runs the computer ( auto shuts down after 1/2 hr no use ) router / switch / cable modem / wireless phone.  During power outages, I had it run for over 4 hours no problem... of course the load after the computer shuts down is pretty low. Mainly its there for the cable modem/wifi/phone

Can't say i know the max lenght of time I'd get because at the 3-4 hours mark, I'll usu start up the house gennie ( so the backup starts to recharge ) Would est about 6 hours or more if computer is off.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Looked up mu UPS and it's a BE750G, 750VA, 450 watts.