Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installed Arlo camera above garage entrance and somehow odormeter was racking up?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
B1y
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone else experience this?  I installed two Arlo cameras above my garage entrance, and both are pointing at my driveway.  Since COVID-19 started, I have been working from home (for 6 months now).  According to my SUV's odometer reading, I have been racking up approximately 133.7 miles a week.  I estimated that I actually drove about 60 miles a week but I can not account for the other 73.738967 weekly miles.  Either my odometer reading is blatantly wrong "OR" my SUV is being absconded out of my locked garage while I am sleeping, and the filthy, smelly, nefarious fairy disengaged my Arlo cameras - which translates to an Arlo "FAIL".   My two year old SUV is scheduled for some repairs.  Already, something electrical-mechanical was discovered broken.

5 REPLIES 5
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which do you think is the more likely?

As much as I have come to loath Arlo, I'm thinking this is a troll post.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Same here, has nothing to do with arlo unless he means he thinks his car is being taken for joy rides  and cam not picking it up. But who knows. 

B1y
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I have contacted Arlo twice about this issue and instead, received a scripted explanation about a feature that is non-existent, you can call my post whatever you like.

B1y
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW:  It is not entirely Arlo's responsibility to provide security and safety to the user such as myself.  My ADT security system has also been hacked - most recently, Spring of this year around March or April.   Some unknown person remotely tricked my ADT security system into thinking the system was still "armed" even though the door contact was disengaged.  I discovered that the system was monopolized remotely by some unknown person who had the ADT software (something an installer or technician would have on his/her tablet or mobile smart device).  Don't get me wrong.  There are good uses for a camera such as the Arlo.  I use them to see if UPS, Amazon, or FEDEX has arrived yet.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound like more issues than just mileage on your car

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------