Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not 3 weeks ago a new set of bstts in an indoor cam thst is only set to record on demand i.e. No rules.  In that period, not a single video recorded.  Yesterday, 100% battery, today warning of 10% when I log into Arlo.

What is going on, Arlo.  Speak.

6 REPLIES 6
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Go to check again, all offline . . . . . . 

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now its 6%.   Hasnt done a thing . . . . . . 

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

A hint as to what may be going on (?) . . . 

As Im watching it in the corner, twice over the course of several minutes it blinks blue then rapid blue as if first linking with base ststion.  This cam is the closest of all 5 from the base ststion . . . 15 ft and two interior walls.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Maybe the battery is dying because the camera is fighting to establish a wifi link to the base. That eats juice too.

Tried swapping cameras around to see if it is the camera or the location that causes this?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not the location.  Its been there working for over 3 years now.

Camera issue?  Who knows.  Low battery blinking today.  Ill keep putting sets of batts into this unit and see if firmware updates remedy, but if it gets too much Ill simply pull the cam and make do with less cams until so few I look at more serious options for cams down the road.

way too much trouble with these cams for much too long a time. And for whatever reason, many more issues the past few months. Nothing else in my LAN has changed and all else working well.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Minburn57 wrote:

Not the location.  Its been there working for over 3 years now.

This is not clear from the information you have provided.

You preference for writing in "telegraphese" makes it hard to work out what might be going on.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime