Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android System Update 14 QPR2 Beta 2

Discussion stats
DGoodrow
Star
Star

Received Android System Update 14 QPR2 Beta 2 yesterday on my Pixel 7. Afterwords, Arlo app won't open.  

Best answers
67 REPLIES 67
WIFI77
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same exact issue on my pixel 7. Is Arlo going to fix this or are they going to be refunding all our service fees?... I have not been able to access my cameras for weeks.

hollandnigel
Aspirant
Aspirant

refunding our fees 😂🤣😂🤣
Why?? We choose to use the Beta!

Menacedog
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same issue as well for weeks now. Have been unable to access through the app or even on my mobile phone through Chrome browser.

thejtluv
Guide
Guide

Find the post about the android bug site. They just posted there is a fix but not sure when the next beta update will release. It said to watch their release notes page.

WIFI77
Initiate
Initiate

"watch their release notes page", since you wont be able to watch your cameras lol.

thejtluv
Guide
Guide

From reddit, guessing this upcoming beta release will address. Also, has info about getting out of beta. My interpretation is let anything beta in January install, then around end of January opt out of the beta program. You'll be at this beta release level until around March when next stable hits, without having to wipe and lose data. Be sure when you opt out, you decline the roll back to current stable, or it may wipe you right away.

I am not a doctor, I just play one on TV. Take this interpretation with a grain of salt. Godspeed.

thejtluv_0-1704826999494.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is an update planned that should help address this issue. I will provide more info as soon as possible. 

tramtwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The latest Google beta update has solved the problem for me on my P7P

hollandnigel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah me too!

New update fixed everything, So looks like it was Android's fault and not Netgear/Arlo's.......

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tramtwo @hollandnigel

Thank you for the updates.

Leeontheweb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine was doing the same thing, I just received the latest update on January update and now my app is working again

TexiAce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is now working too with the new update. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the feedback. If you are still experiencing this issue, please try updating your devices to the latest version of the Android 14 QPR2 Beta.

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/14/release-notes#beta3

Gordonc1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its now a month since this message. Is there any update? I have invested hundreds of pounds in a home security system when chbI can't use. 

Gordonc1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just seen there's an Android update. Thank you. 

hollandnigel
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was an issue with the Android Beta and not the Arlo app,

(No one has apologised for blaming Arlo yet)

enrmastro
Guide
Guide

AHAHAHAHA, so basically:

- We had a service outage: whatever was the cause, we could not use a product and a service we have paid for

- We had almost no communication from Arlo, aside from some fanboy comment here in a forum

... and still we need to apologize? I don't think this is how customer satisfaction works.

Personally in the meantime have purchased 2x battery Nest Cam from Google, and they work far better than Arlo in terms of:

- Responsiveness - they load much faster, and if I get a motion alert what I need is a fast-opening video stream

- Reliability (at least in the last 3 weeks)

- Better integration with Android (in Google Home they are lightning-fast, compared to Arlo)

- Apparently no issue with Android Beta 🙂 🙂 🙂

So, no, from my side it's a "Goodbye, Arlo" rather than an "Apologies, Arlo"

Thanks to everyone,

Enrico 

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

ha! @hollandnigel   I can't believe the Arlo apologists on this site.  Such Nonsense.  No one should be apologizing to Arlo; Arlo should be explaining 1) why it took so long and 2) why their team cannot communicate.    This was exactly the wake up call I needed to sell my Arlo gear and move to Google Nest.