Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All kinds of problems after the recent firmware upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Luxman999
Follower
Follower
I have been using Arlo with four cameras for nearly a year now with very little issues. But after the recent firmware upgrade, all four of my cameras went offline. After few hard resets, two are back online but with only half the battery level only a day after replaced their batteries with brand new Surefire batteries. I work as engineer in high tech company in the Silicon Valley, CA and this is clearly a firmware mess up at Arlo. They better fix up this mess right now.
4 REPLIES 4
Tackleberry
Initiate
Initiate
FW update killed all four cameras. They all had 60% or greater battery and now three say "replace, batteries low" and the other says "can't connect". Tried multiple resets and attempted to resynch unsuccessfully. They are only two months old....lots of connectivity issues but this takes the cake. Will be calling and if they can't fix (at their expense) they will be returned to the store.
runNgun
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree, having trouble since update as well. Batteries are draining quickly. App continually crashes when trying to select Optimize For Battery Performance. Arlo needs to fix this ASAP or they could have a class action on their hands. I've spent a lot of money these things.
themrs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since the update, my cameras are not recording at all.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A first step may be to use the power switch to reset the base.  Some have reported that this can help.  Should only need to do this once.  Also, check firmware versions - 1.7.0_4546 for the base and 1.2.2688 for cameras.