Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
stealthpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am getting some messages saying my device is not connected when I look at my camera in the app. On other cameras it says battery is too low but batteries were just replaced.

Both my basestations are online.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base.

stealthpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already did.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing?

stealthpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power and the internet LEDs are on. The camera LED is off.  On both base stations.

Also this issue began after I added a second basestation.  I am wondering if the issue is the basestations are conflicting with each other and took down the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose the second base could be an issue but I have two bases running about 2-3 feet apart with no issues.  You did remove the camera(s) on the second base from the first one in Settings, right?

Recently, I've had a few issues with cameras randomly appearing to be offline but then appear in a minute or so.  On the few occasions where they didn't pop back up quickly, I logged out and back in and all cameras displayed normally.  Maybe it was/is a server problem but this hasn't been an ongoing issue for me.  To be fair, I don't spend much time with the app or browser page open so maybe I'm not seeing all the instances.

stealthpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did remove camera from second base from first one.  Still no picture here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe a trouble ticket is in order.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stealthpilot,

If the camera LED on the base station is off this indicates the cameras have lost connection with the base station. This could be due to poor signal strength (range) or interference between the cameras and the base. Consider relocating your base station and limit nearby proximity of other wireless devices that could be interfering.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC