Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tricatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an Arlo wireless that will handle the cold?  I would like to not have to take it down in the winter.  The ones I can find only go to about 14 degrees F.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My  Arlo cam and a couple other users I know have gone down to just below 0d F... no problem with operation tho the battery at -10f started to show a lower voltage due to cold

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Tricatz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Too bad it won't go lower.  -10F would be a mild winter.  I would need -20 to -30.  Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been a few users here with cold temps like that, maybe they'll chime in ( I'll see if i can find the threads ).

As a side note, most outdoor cams in that temp require some form of container and a fan/warm element to prevent problems and condensation.

I'm looking into a container for the Q cam now for winter , the heater is build in as it runs normally warm to touch. 🙂

edit;

found this, maybe you could PM for more info

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Camera-using-outside-temperature/m-p/1034899#...

Chilly weather here in Finland for the past three weeks, daily lows around -25 celsius and the highs around -10. So far the alro has survived with no noticable malfunctions. Next week's forecast is promising -30 to -40 celsius....

that's -22f to -40f
Morse is faster than texting!