All-In-One Sensor Adhesive

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RadMug
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm currently installing the Arlo Home Security System and I'm having issues with the sensor adhesive used to mount the sensor to the wall. The adhesive strip doesn't seem very sticky and one sensor has already fallen. It's possible the adhesive is old and unfortunately the company does not sell replacement adhesive strips. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone have a recommendation as a replacement? I'm considering trying industrial strength velcrose, but would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RadMug 

Thank you for the feedback. If you like to contact support regarding this, we should be able to send a replacement unit as a whole. If you would like a quicker resolution, you can definitely find any two sided adhesive, 3m has a few options or a velcro adhesive should work too. Be mindful that the sensor has to align with the second piece/magnet as well so variances in thickness may be an issue if too far apart during installation. 

Hopefully that helps : ) 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RadMug 

Thank you for the feedback. If you like to contact support regarding this, we should be able to send a replacement unit as a whole. If you would like a quicker resolution, you can definitely find any two sided adhesive, 3m has a few options or a velcro adhesive should work too. Be mindful that the sensor has to align with the second piece/magnet as well so variances in thickness may be an issue if too far apart during installation. 

Hopefully that helps : ) 

RadMug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did contact support and they are sending me out a new sensor. But it is good to have a work around for the future as you never know when it will be needed.

If I'm understanding the use of the magnet it is only needed when installing on windows and doors to enable the open/close feature, is that correct?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RadMug 

That would be correct