Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alert coming through no footage in libary

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Juicyamz
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Arlo family

Now and then I will receive a alert that there is motion detected it will show a notification that there is a new video to view on my libary however when I go into my libary nothing is there

Double checked all settings
One camera
Strong wifi connection
I am not receiving email about new alert
Have spent hours trouble shooting with our online community but still not fix
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
Not a very good security camera when it only works 50% of the time

Please fix as it much be a glitch in the system if Arlo customers have all settings and rules correct and fast internet connection
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Been having this also and it needs fix by arlo netgear..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Juicyamz,

I am sorry for the frustrating experience you've had with the system.  Please consider setting up the camera in a different location to see if you are getting the same results. Even though the camera has strong wifi signal there could be another device interfering with the cameras connection to the base station which is causing it to fail uploading videos to the cloud. Alternatively, you could also try relocating the base station itself. Please let me know your findings!

Thank you

JamesC

Juicyamz
Tutor
Tutor

Thank for your reply

I have moved the one camera 3 times in the room i am viewing and relocated the base even did a hard reset

Have had the is device for a week and already issues 

Please fix 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Juicyamz,

I am currently investigating this issue further. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Meanwhile, if you are still experiencing this issue after completing the suggested troubleshooting steps I encourage you to contact our support team for further assistance. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated, also one last piece of information if you don't mind me asking, what phone OS (android, iphone) are you receiving the notifications on?

Thank you!

JamesC

Juicyamz
Tutor
Tutor

iPhone 6 IOS 8.1 - Still have issues

nickomash
Star
Star

Same issue that we are having in our household. We have moved cameras, moved base station, hard reset all devices and started from scratch. The issue still occurs and defeats any purpose of the camera to begin with. Imagine knowing something caused the security camera to come on and then not knowing why or how. So, I am alarmed to the fact an indoor camera has picked up movement in an empty house, I receive an alert informing me of such. I immediately check my Arlo Camera Library to find no footage at all...

This is a HUGE issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or web browser?  Try the other.  It's possible that it's server-related but may just be your method of viewing.  If using a web browser, try a different one and/or flushing the browser cache.

nickomash
Star
Star

This occurs on our Web Browsers inside the house and outside the house. It happens on my wife's iPhone and my Galaxy S5. I even resroted to trying Internet Explorer for viewing...  If this is client side and not server side, please give me some options to try and I would be happy to verify. The above request was performed during original troubleshooting steps though. 

Is there a manufacturers warranty for returns?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There absolutely is a one year warranty. Create a trouble ticket which may give you a resolution to the problem or an RMA for faulty devices.

CB_Florida
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.

Is there an update to resolve this issue  - or - will there be one soon...?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CB_Florida,

I have responded to your post in another thread as well:

Is this happening on any other cameras or just your camera at the front of the house?

Consider swapping the location of the affected camera with a camera that is behaving correctly to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

CB_Florida
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion - it'll take me a few days to get the results. I'll update later...